The last weekend of July is chock full of things to do in the area. Wherever you may be going be sure to bring water or something to keep hydrated since the extremely hot weather will be returning. Temperatures will approach 100.
Normally, we try to keep things in Mauldin or at last the Golden Strip, but this weekend we’re going to branch out a little.
- Spartanburg Park It Day – A kid-friendly celebration of community will take place at Irwin Park in Spartanburg from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today. There is a costume contest and plenty of opportunities to dance, dance, dance. (See attached pdf.).
- National Cheesecake Day – The celebration of sweetness is technically tomorrow, but why wait? Brenda’s Cheesecakes on 108 N. Main Street is celebrating today between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. with different samples every hour.
- Give Blood at Sargent Chiropractic – Stop by Sargent Chiropractic between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and donate a pint of blood. In return, you get a free lunch. Pretty sweet deal.
- Over 40 Men’s Basketball – Want to know if you still have the stroke? Or do you want to get it back? See if you got game this weekend at Brookwood Church. Games start at 6 p.m.
- Big League World Series – The BLWS returns to Easley. Head on over to Pickens County for some wall-to-wall baseball. The tournament, which draws teams from across the globe, will have its championship game aired on ESPN. You can also follow the tournament on Easley Patch.